Web site for the Augmented SmartWatch Pro Android Application – the world’s first hands-free and 100 “At a Glance” notification app for the Sony SmartWatch, MotoACTV and the MetaWatch Watches. There are two version of the app:
- Augmented SmartWatch Pro Market Link – This is a paid app and it is in the top 10 Paid apps for the Sony Watch. The MetaWatch and MotoACTV Smart Watches are also supported. Future focus will be on continuing to update this app as there are many more exciting new use cases (plus future devices like the Pebble Watch coming soon)
- Augmented SmartWatch Notify Market link – This is a free (and much more restrictive) and older version of the app, yet it is still in the Top 15 free apps for the Sony watch. Note that I do not intend to update this free version (at this time)
I also invented the Augmented Traffic Views app and the older version of the PhantomAlert app. Augmented Traffic Views generated a lot of viral buzz and was presented at a conference (2010). These applications are no longer being supported (though they remain on the market). Additional presentations FITC 2013 and Android BBQ 2013.
There are a couple of other apps that I have written: one for the Toronto area (Dinesafe) and another for the Smart Watch (Augmented Traffic Views). All apps can be viewed here:
The SmartWatch is an evolving and fast-growing trend, that is only just starting and there is no clear leader. Augmented SmartWatch Pro address this uncertainty by abstracting the notifications from the various key applications on an Android and supporting the key smart watches in a seamless manner to all 3rd party applications. Augmented SmartWatch Pro is the first and only application to support multiple Smart Watches (simultaneously) in this visionary and future-proof manner. New watches will be supported within Augmented SmartWatch Pro, thereby rewarding the early adopters that had the vision to recognize this emerging trend first.
The application is specifically designed with 100% hands-free and for real-time notifications, hence some fundamental design decisions were made:
- 100% hands-free means truly being able to glance and get the information without requiring any manual interactions with the watch. In only a few use cases do I optionally allow such interactions.
- Investing in Augmented SmartWatch, means that as new Smart Watches evolve, your investment in this app will be protected as new Smart Watches will be supported by future versions of Augmented SmartWatch (all settings are reused for all watches as applicable). Moreover with an open API, other applications can use the Augmented SmartWatch Open API to quickly support any smart watch supported by this app; thereby increasing the value of your investment in Augmented SmartWatch. For advanced users, Tasker can be used to “roll your own” notifications via the Augmented SmartWatch Open API.
- There is no need to buy separate apps for the same Smart Watch simply because each app supports a different notification type. Augmented SmartWatch can be used to aggregate all notifications into a common user interface and operational approach (rather than a more costly and less user friendly approach of truly having separate applications). Moreover each app will take separate memory (and CPU) resources on the watch/Android.