This version of Augmented now support Edge Notifications for the S8/S8+ phones. Note this is a beta version and eventually the paid version of the app will be updated. Some history of why this feature was developed at this XDA thread.
- Only shows alerts when S8/S8+ screen is off;
- Always on Display (AOD) can be either on or off;
How to Enable – Android Settings:
- Ensure Edge Lighting is enabled for Screen off (Android Settings->Display-> Edge screen->Edge Lighting):
2. Ensure Augmented SmartWatch Pro is enabled in Edge Settings (Android Settings->Display-> Edge screen->Edge Lighting->Manage notifications):
How to Enable – Augmented SmartWatch Pro Settings:
- Enable Notification Access for Augmented in Android Settings (Lock Screen and Security->Other Security Settings->Notification Access)
2. Enable S8/S8+ Edge Notification in Augmented Settings: (Scroll down to phone settings -> Show Notifications on Phone-> Set to TextView)
3. Enable which apps to show on Edge Notifications. Augmented is a proxy for any 3rd party application. When you enable in Augmented, Augmented intercepts the notification and shows it on the Edge Display (whereas the original app would not). There are two areas to enable these apps: a) Optimized Notification Options and b) All other notifications. Try to enable in Optimized first as Augmented will tweak the notifications to be more readable (e.g. whatsapp, email).
- Intelligent Quiet Time – can set different quiet time start/stop for weekend vs weekdays. Also an option to enable (in addition to time) if and only if power is connected (i.e. quiet time enable when connected to power during time period specified)
- Global Filters – ability to suppress alerts based on sender and subject content (4 filters each provided)
- High Priority Senders – ability to define 4 senders that can override quiet time and have custom vibration patterns based on sender (and not the app).
- Custom Vibrations – enable Android Wear to enable custom vibration patterns depending on the source (app) of the alert or sender of the alert;
- Intent API interface (for support via Tasker, etc). More info here.
- Support for Text To Speech and Android Wear with an optional support for the Minimal and Elegant Watchface.
- Support for other devices:
- Tile support – alerts for when Tile is disconnected from phone and reconnected. A custom vibration pattern can also be specified. To get the Tile logo below create a contact called “Tile” in your contacts with the logo as their contact picture!