1) I have been spending a lot of time travelling this year. Arriving at Pearson Airport I would get a vibration on my watch and the following message – perfect for letting me know the expected time to drive home from the airport.
2) At the airport and FlightTrack alerts of gate changes/assignments for upcoming flights.
3) Playing music using Pandora or Google Play Music with the ability to instantly switch to the next track.
4) Email or 5) Chat Messages (of course).
6) Rain Alerts – The Hyper-location aware weather alerts.
7) When a new order comes in for my app.
8) Alerts from Visa when my credit card is charged (via Google Voice/SMS):
9) Driving in a car and getting alerts on my Sony SW2 that I can see. In Ontario is it not allowed to pick up a phone while driving to see alerts – what about glancing at a Smart Watch ?
10) Breaking News Alerts via NY Times push notifications.