In the Pebble Android app:
- ensure Send 3rd party Notifications is enabled under settings-notifications
Enable accessibility (under settings) for the Augmented SmartWatch Pro app.
In the Augmented SmartWatch Pro settings:
- ensure Enable Pebble is enabled under Pebble Watch Options
- Ensure a Test notification can be shown on the Pebble (menu->Test notification) – if not then check above instructions.
To configure a specific notification for any Android app:
- Check under “Optimized Notification Options: for the app – enable if it is;
- Check under “All Other Notifications” and scroll down until you find the app
- Enable the App you want notifications from
- You may need to enable “Alt Info” to get more information
To send to Canvas Watchface
- Enable “Enable Canvas” under Pebble Watch Options->Advanced Options->Pebble Canvas Options:
- Enable Active Alert to use the Canvas WatchFace for Alerts (and not the normal Pebble notifications):
- Configure the Canvas plugin for Notification – Augmented SmartWatch Pro – The %T and %M are for the sender and subject respectively
- Type – Dynamic
- Content – Plugin
- Plugin – Notification – Augmented SmartWatch Pro
- Format – %T %M
The above settings will show the Sender (%T) and Subject (%M) in the area defined by the plug-in.
This method can allow for a notification to be sent directly to the Canvas watchface via Augmented in a silent manner, while still allowing all other notifications via Augmented to use the regular Pebble notification mechanism.
Edit – an easier way is to use the “Active Alert” Option. Keep this disabled and only the notification specified in the Canvas Watchface Name options would be silent.
To send from Tasker a silent notification to the Canvas via Augmented and all regular notifications via the normal Pebble use the vibration control commands. There is a special Intent to allow the %I Canvas plug-in to show a user-defined string (from tasker, for example):
Service Control Intent API (can be used from Tasker or any 3rd party app):
canvasinfo:user string to show in the %I plug-in on the canvas watchface
can be used to go back to prior default behaviour for the %I plug-in