Context – I have used the Sony, Metwatch, MotoACTV daily for the past 1.5 years and sometimes two (or more) watches at a time. At a glance and hands-free notification is the most important use case for a smart watch for me.
- looks very nice – sleeker in person
- Vibration is strong
- Screen is quite readable
- Having the notification remain on the screen for a couple of minutes is very nice and then auto flip back to prior watch face
- Can co-exist with a Sony SmartWatch where both are connected to the same Android device (and running Augmented SmartWatch Pro). A notification reaches the Pebble @ 1 second faster than to the Sony!
- Absolutely no disconnects at all and reconnects every time (so far and quite quickly) – the Sony is not as robust from my experiences
- Being able to see the time always is a nice improvement over the Sony
- Sony looks more toylike now
1) Will it replace my Sony – not yet but the differences are purely software-related which I am working on!
2) Do I miss the Sony Color – NO but we’ll see over the long term!
3) Do I miss the Widgets of Metawatch – NO! I think because it was hard for me to read the MetaWatch at a glance so this could be a personal decision. Moreover my main device was always the Sony which really had no always-on widgets.
4) Battery Life – Open question