Updated for Pebble – see Fitbit stairs and calories at bottom of notification:
The newest Fitbbit (the Flex) was just announced for CES and it only has a LED display (5 indicators). Moreover it syncs directly with specific Androids (Galaxy III and Note 2). It doesn’t have a display to let you know the actual # of steps (for example). However with Augmented SmartWatch Pro, you will get the display! Assuming the APIs, do not change, the latest version of Augmented SmartWatch Pro will show the Flex data once it ships and is an ideal companion to the Flex! Given that I have already lost two Fitbits in the past 3 months (on my 3rd) a device on the wrist is a welcome addition.
Support for displaying your Fitbit data on your Sony and Metawatch is a unique featute in Augmented SmartWatch Pro. This feature has been optimized over several releases and has been tested with multiple users and devices. Support for Fitbit includes:
- Showing unique data from Fitbit on your Watch on a regular interval. For the MetaWatch we have a dedicated widget so you can always “glance” at your steps/calories info.
- MetaWatch Widget for Fitbit
- In the snapshots below is the Fitbit widget which will show steps and calories. The solid bar shows progress (actual vs goal). The daily goal is denoted by the bar between the 2-3 position so you can see if/how much you exceed your daily goal. The widget alternates between steps and calories currently (you must enable the Fitbit Zip option to get this widget otherwise the older Widget style is used). A “Low” is shown only if the Fitbit battery is reading Low also.
Sony support – The second screen (if enabled) will alternate with the Weather/Calendar screen and the new support for your Fitbit device. Stairs, Steps, Calorie burned, Sleep and Battery status are shown along with a bar graph of each stat vs target goal. True at a glance support for Fitbit without having to fumble with your device (or look at your dashboard). Sony support as shown below:
- Fitbit is disabled by default. To enable go to the app->settings/Fitbit Options and enable Fitbit Statistics.
At this stage, you will be prompted grant access to the app using the secure OAuth mechanism;
You will be returned to Augmented SmartWatch Pro after granting access.
Note if you still have problems with getting fitbit stats, please return to this option and disable/reenable (and make sure you have a solid internet connection).
The Fitbit stats are shown as follows:
(All Watches) when an update of data is conducted a notification on the Watch appears
(Sony only) when any notification is sent to the watch and if the 2nd screen of Notifications is enabled (which it is by default). This display of information alternates with the weather/calendar second screen for subsequent notifications.
The fitbit stats shown are
Steps, Stairs, Calorie Burn, Sleep and Battery status on the Fitbit
A graph of actual vs goal is also shown
The Fitbit options are
Enable flag (disabled by default)
Update frequency – how often to get the latest data from the Fitbit cloud
Fitbit Zip – enable to supress the stairs and sleep data (which are not available in a Zip device)
You can also enable forcing a Fitbit update when invoking the Widget mode. Tip – if you are in widget mode (or this is the only widget on your Sony) double-tap the side button and the widget will be shown automatically.
Target goal for sleep per night (default is 8 hours). The graph is adjusted based on this target goal.
Battery status is obtained once per day (to minimize data queries and battery life usage)
The update frequency is the minimum time between updates (and is approximate).
Accuracy/latency of the real-time nature of the info depends on how often you sync your fitbit. Ideally it syncs wirelessly throughout the day. Ironically, you can only do this via a Windows PC or iOS mobile device. This app does NOT sync/communicate with a Fitbit device directly. This app only communicates with the Fitbit APIs in their mandated APIs/protocol.
- Sony Fitbit screens showing individual status of actual vs goal for Sleep, Calories, Steps and Stairs. These screens will be displayed as the 2nd screen of notifications in an alternating manner (with Weather and Withings screens).
- Fitbit Friends Leaderboard display (Sony only) – enabled by default:
Invoking a Widget start (via a double tap of the side button on the Sony) will reset Fitbit 2nd screen to display the Steps statistics (as this is the most frequently updated metric).
- Sony – Shown in bottom left of quad-view display (Fitbit Zip must also be enabled). In this display, the Fitbit battery status is shown along the top of the display as a horizontal line (Green-High, Yellow-Medium, Red-Low). If Klout is disabled (but Fitbit is enabled), the the battery status is shown as a normal graph in the bottom-left withing the quad-view display
- (Sony) Fitbit Summary Screen – shows Steps, Calories, Battery and Withings last measure (if enabled) – need to enable Fitbit ZIP option (otherwise the 2nd summary screen is shown instead) – double tapping side Sony button in widget mode will show this screen (as the 2nd screen):