Updated August 3rd: Please read comments at the end of this post, as this post was originally written over three months ago. Note Tasker has been updated and in their new version “Action Intent” is now called “Send Intent”. Also there is a new app in the market which is much more advanced than what is described in this post. I have a later post with details here.
I was asked if I was interested in “making a lot of money” to do a Google Voice notification app for the Sony Smart Watch Well here are two solutions (both “free”):
- Requires Tasker an awesome and powerful automation engine for Android
- Requires my notification app.
- Create a Tasker “task” as follows:
- When you receive a GV notification your Sony SmartWatch will automatically wake-up, vibrate and show the following:
- The widget will show as follows:
Use another app CustomNotifierExtension which seems to work well as a generic notification app for the Sony SmartWatch. If one simply requires a generic app, then I would actually suggest using this app.
Solution 1 only allows for the custom background graphic and more customizations via Tasker. However Tasker does take a bit of work to set up.