Starting in Augmented Traffic Views (3.4.5), there is support for the DineSafe historical data for Restaurants in the Toronto Area.
Support includes the following:
- Flashing Alerts as a restaurant that has a conditional pass or closure notice since (Jan 2009 to Dec 2010) is in the predicted direction of travel and within a certain (configurable distance). The same algorithms used for the PhantomAlert POIs are used for these POIs. A flashing alert will look like the following:
- One can touch the flashing POI Icon to remove the alert. The alert will also automatically be removed once you drive away from the restaurant.
- Augmented Reality View as shown below:
- Touch a green dot to get more info about the restaurant.
- If enabled, restaurant POIs in the AR view have priority over the real-estate or traffic camera POIs
- Support for a list of five closest restaurants with a health warning/closure as shown below:
- Menu->more->Show Closest Restaurant Warnings to show this list (or use the speech command “Show Restaurants”)
- This feature is disabled by default. It can be enabled (only if one is in Toronto) and by settings the option (menu->Settings->Restaurant Health Warning – Enable/Threshold) to the distance to alert at.